Is your book in need of a cover? What about the packaging for your newly developed product? Are you planning an event and don’t know where to start? Perhaps you’re in need of a business card, brochure or poster to give your business the professional appearance it deserves… Whatever your needs may be, I can provide you with clean, creative, and impactful design or event planning solutions.
Freelance Designer & Event Planner
December 1999 – Present
- Responsible for layout and design of advertisements, annual reports, banners, books, brochures, calendars, catalogs, CD & album covers, flyers & handouts, invitations
logos, magazines, mailers & postcards, newsletters, posters, tradeshow & exhibition displays, billboards and other communications media.
- Responsible for measurable and consistent attendance growth at annual events including events with attendance of more than 10,000.
- Increased event sponsorship levels for charity galas and fundraisers
- Organized and managed volunteers & event staff.
- Coordinated and oversaw community involvement with charity events.
- Selected, negotiated and managed event marketing media buys.
MGM Resorts International
Contract Graphic Designer | April 2010 – Present
- Responsible for layout and design of property newsletters, posters, signage, employee manual, advertisements and other communications media.
A-Z Media Group
Creative Director & Electronic Publisher | Dec 1999 – Aug 2009
- Interpreted design needs for marketing, publishing, sales, advertising, newsletter design, email marketing and other projects.
- Designed art and copy layouts for materials to be presented in visual communications media; magazines, newspapers, newsletters, online magazines, and marketing materials.
- Produced static and animated graphic formats for online media.
- Designed, developed, and prepared marketing materials, logos, advertisements, newsletters, email marketing, trade show exhibition booths and presentations.
- Set and adhered to production schedules, deadlines and priorities.
- Understand the relationships between and uses of different web programming languages and directed technical staff on website visual design accordingly.
- Worked innovatively to redefine a design to meet the constraints of cost and time.
- Experienced working in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, web designers and marketing specialists; and meeting tight deadlines.
Toucan’s Bar & Grille
General Manager | Sep 2004 – Oct 2006
- Attracted patrons through marketing development, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identified and tracked changing demands.
- Controlled purchases and inventory; reviewed and evaluated usage reports; analyzed variances; made corrective actions.
- Maintained operations by managing policies and standard operating procedures; implemented production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards.
- Accomplished human resources objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching, management staff and team members. Communicated job expectations; planned, monitored, and reviewed team member contributions; and enforced policies and procedures.
- Maintained safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; and complying with health and legal regulations.
- Computer skills include proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite CS4, CSS, and HTML programming.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills.
- English (Primary)
- Spanish (Conversational – Limited)
Professional Memberships / Affiliations
Southern Nevada Association of PRIDE, Inc.
Organization President | Director of Marketing, Community Involvement & Sponsorship
- Responsible for measurable and consistent attendance growth including events with attendance of more than 10,000.
- Increased event sponsorship levels; raising more than $250,000.00 in sponsorship.
- Organized and managed over 150 volunteers to produce the annual Las Vegas PRIDE Parade and Festival.
- Coordinated and oversaw community involvement in all Las Vegas PRIDE events creating bridges of understanding and support in otherwise uninvolved community groups.
- Responsible for all event marketing including creative for mailers, posters, email marketing, newsletters, online media, social networking, website, print media, radio and billboards.
- Selected, negotiated and managed all event marketing media buys.
Human Rights Campaign Las Vegas
Gala Dinner Marketing Chair
- Director of Marketing for the annual Las Vegas HRC Gala Dinner.
- Oversaw production of and content for Gala Program.
- Consulted with creative team for the generation of Gala Dinner collateral including invitations, email marketing, banquet theme design, and mailers and assisted with designs when needed.